Monday, December 6, 2010

Let's go Bowling...

Photo Credit phawker.com
The bowls are set, and my favorite time of the year is upon us. It's time to go bowling. Sure most of these teams feature two teams that people can't even name one player on them. But I am a bowl junkie, I love the bowls, no matter who's playing in it, if there's a bowl on, I'll probably be watching it.

But like every bowl season, there are games that no one in the country cares about, and then there are those "must watch bowls." So let's take a look at the Bearded Fellow's "Can't Miss, Non-BCS Bowls" of 2010/2011.

Las Vegas Bowl: Boise State vs Utah
Say what you will, I have this one on my "Can't Miss Bowls" list because I want to see how Boise comes out. They missed out at a chance at the Rose Bowl or a national championship when Kyle Brotzman "missed" that field goal against Nevada. Boise is far superior to Utah, I know this, but it could be an interesting matchup. Next year (I believe it takes affect next season...) Boise will be a Mountain West rival of Utah. I'm curious to see how they're first matchup goes.

Chick-fil-A Bowl: Florida State vs South Carolina
This'll be a hell of a matchup. I absolutely love everything the Gamecocks got going on for them. Steven Garcia and Marcus Lattimore have been pretty damn good thus far for South Carolina. Christian Ponder had himself a 20 touchdown season for the Noles and is a very solid quarterback that I do like. This bowl, is under-hyped, I've yet to hear anyone talk about it... So I'm talkin about it. Watch this one folks.

Gator Bowl: Michigan vs Mississippi State
So we all know why you should watch this on Michigan's side. Denard is a super athlete, that offense is really dynamic, and it wil be Rich Rod's final game. But what about Mississippi State? I bet you don't know much about them... cuz neither do I... I did some research and found that they are a solid overal team. Not spectacular, just solid. They are 91st passing the ball but 19th rushing it. The Bulldogs lost to Auburn only by 3, so this should be a pretty good matchup.

Capitol One Bowl Michigan State vs Alabama
This is the game I am most looking forward to. You got the preseason number one team, who is still a pretty damn good team, in Alabama verse the cinderella story of the season Michigan State Spartans. Saban is going against his old school. Ingram is versing the school he almost played for. MSU has a chip on their shoulder after being snubbed from a BCS game and wants to show the nation that it was a mistake to leave out Sparty. This is going to be one hell of a football game.

For a full line up of all the bowl games, you should take your cursor and click riiiiiiiight here.

Also, check out these games:
Navy v San Diego State
Notre Dame v Miami
NC State v West Virginia
Northwestern v Texas Tech
Penn State v Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment