Monday, December 27, 2010

Three in a Row... And it's Wins, not Losses?!?!?!

Photo Credit: Detroit News
Hello my beloved, and admittedly lately, neglected fans. It's been far too long since I've written a blog, and I feel that I should probably do this. I've been mega busy thus far over break, and I haven't even thought about the blog much at all, and for that I apologize to both you, the fans, and myself.

But anyways, let's talk sports, shall we?

First off, the Lions, where has this been all season. And before all my Sparty Brethren start telling me how good Drew Stanton is, let me tell you the defense beat Green Bay, and Tampa Bay was not a sign of Drew's future NFL greatness. Two coaching staffs have seen nothing promising from Drew Stanton and there's a reason for that. He was a waste of a second round pick, so please, just stop it... you're embarrassing yourselves every time you call in to 97.1 saying that "he coulda been great with playing time..." No... he's bad. First season he was on IR, just like every season in college it seemed like, and then Culpepper, fresh out of the unemployment line, won the job over him. A one armed-Hill started over him. He's not good.

Anyways, the Lions have looked like a real NFL team for the first time since they flirted with all of your hearts by starting 6-2. They put together three impressive wins in a row, beating a playoff team, Green Bay at home, a contender and good team in Tampa Bay on the road, and yesterday beating a solid, but inconsistent and underachieving Miami team also on the road. The win against the Buccaneers ended a 26 game road losing streak, which broke their old record set earlier this decade... Only the Lions, right?

The defense impressed me very much against Green Bay and Miami, and the offense stepped it up against the two Florida squads. The Lions have really put something together here at the end of the season, I just wish that Stafford were in, so we could perhaps be getting a glimpse of things to come.

I have two more planned blogs this week, IF I find the time and remember to stay on top of things. One is about what the Lions need to do on offense, and the other will be dedicated to my friend Conor, and about our favorite player... that's right... Tim Tebow

By the way, I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and is having a wonderful winter break

No comments:

Post a Comment