Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tate Forcier Leaves Michigan

Phot Credit: MLive.com
I wanted to address Tate Forcier. This happened awhile ago so I'm sure you all know, he's leaving Michigan. My cousin was a TA in one of the classes that he was in, and she told us back in December he was failing. Apparently Forcier decided that you didn't need to go to class to pass. And as teh Maize Rage told me last night, he apparently would still be in at State. I doubt that, but okay.

Anyways, here's Tate's tweet feed, which by the way is how he announced his departure. It started around midnight on January 20th...

-Immediate Press/Sports Release: January 20, 2011- Robert “Tate” Forcier University Of Michigan Sophomore Quarterback

Why do we all wait until we are at our lowest point to seek God’s help?

I’ve been kicked, pushed, knocked down, publicly berated, belittled, emasculated and more.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to give up or feel the victim.

The humility of it all is indescribable and that is exactly my point.

I had to reach rock bottom in order to see the light, and for that, I am thankful.

It was not until then, I realized that it was my lack of accountability and maturity and not to pass blame.

I do hope all my young fans forgive me and benefit from my lessons that I have learned.

Don’t wait to ask God into your life as he will help you see things clearer.

In summary, I believe, I will become a better student and a person of stronger character from these experiences at Michigan.

I can proudly state,“I worked hard on the practice field, in the film room and at meetings” after all, football is my passion.

I had fun celebrating with the fans.

I even competed hard while injured as a true freshman through the last (8) games in 2009, but I always played the game giving it my all

I am proud to have been part of Michigan Football history and will always cherish the memory.

The last few weeks I worked extremely hard to catch back up.

I really wanted to stay. I was not giving up on Michigan, but in the end, it was made clear they had given up on me.

With that being said, its time for me to go.

I promise the Michigan family and fans I will make you proud again.

Tate Forcier #5 - A Michigan Man Forever - Go Blue

Well wasn't that cute? A "Michigan Man" forever. If the words of his tweets are true, he's finally showing some maturity. But to announce your departure in a tweet feed, and talk about how you have been "kicked, pushed, knocked down, publicly berated, belittled, emasculated and more," that's a bit much Forcier, and not the way to handle a serious matter.

It's too bad he's leaving and couldn't stay on top of his school work, because frankly I felt that he was the best pure QB on the team, and definitely the best fit for Brady Hoke's offense. Denard is a tremendous athlete, but just looking at the skills of a quarterback I feel that Tate is better with his decisions and accuracy. He also has more composure in the pocket than Denard. But Tate wasn't all there mentally. He got lazy in the summer, and got lazy with school. He wasn't mature enough to be the quarterback at Michigan, and now he's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment