Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Prodigal Beard Returns


It sure has been awhile since I've been on here, now hasn't it? I said to myself when I started this that if I ever found myself "I have to blog about..." instead of "I want to blog about...." That it was time to walk away. And after some much needed time off, I'm back, and I'm going to relaunch this bad boy with some great new ideas!

What I'd like to do is have a written blog three times a week, minimum once a week, but only posting when I want to, and not as an obligation. That way the writing stays genuine and the quality remains high.

But what I want to do is get the people involved. If there's ever an issue you'd like my opinion on, let me know. Post it on the Bearded Fellow Facebook page, hit me up on twitter @DCobb1621. I'm planning on setting up an email address just for this blog, and possibly even it's own twitter feed.

One thing I'd like to do is a weekly or ever other week podcast. Like a weekly wrap up/preview podcast of the what's going on in sports. That will probably be more successful and more used during football season, but I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Last year I tried doing live webchats, which was fun when people were there. I'd like to get that going again, maybe like once a month or something. Not too frequently in order to keep it fresh.

What made this blog fun was feedback and interactions with you, the readers. I want to get this as interactive as possible.

I know you guy's missed me, and now I'm back. Expect big things from 2012. And since the world's gonna end, I might as well blog about sports while I still can, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment