Sunday, November 18, 2012

Just Another Saturday...


Photo Credit: Yahoo!

So last night was pretty crazy eh?  #1 and #2 go down so now Notre Dame is #1... Personally, I'm really bummed.  I was excited at the prospect of having a non-SEC team win the ship, but as soon as K-State lost no matter what happened a team I hated was going to be crowned national champion.  And now that Bama is back in the hunt it's going to be them

And on the local front, Michigan absolutely destroyed Iowa 42-17 on senior day.  Devin Gardner looked great once again with six total touchdowns.  All Denard did was run and catch swing passes, so he looked great too.  Honestly, when Denard first got here and Tate Forcier looked as good as he did, I thought running and catching passes was Denard's future.  Honestly wish it were... TATE YOU'RE STILL MY BOY.

And for the Spartans?  Well... Same ol' Spartans.  They lost 23-20 and looked very lethargic while doing so.  They out gained Northwestern in every stat except points.  I am still amazed at how awful State's wide receivers are this year.  I have never seen so many dropped passes collectively by an entire core of wide outs.  It's cost them dearly this season, this game included.

Michigan is still in the hunt for a Big Ten title, needing to beat Ohio State next week and Nebraska to lose to Iowa.  Since I don't think either of those will happen, out Big Ten champ will be either a lucky, undeserving Nebraska (we all know they would have lost to Denard AND they lost to Penn State) or the third-best team in the leaders division Wisconsin (puke.)

And for the Spartans, they have to beat the vaunted Golden Gophers of Minnesota just to get a bowl game.  God I love college football.

Bearded Predictions for next week:
Ohio State 24  Michigan 20
Michigan State 17 Minnesota 14

I also have Notre Dame on upset alert because I hate them.

Have a good Sunday y'all, go Lions!

No comments:

Post a Comment