Sunday, December 15, 2013

Catch Up on Things I Care About

Sorry for the delay bearded followers, but I've been out of commission for a bit, got run over by a car.
That's not a joke, I did.  Only fractured a rib so it's all good.  Just sore.

Anyways, I've missed a few things whilst I was gone, so here's a few short comments about stuff you already know about.


  • Famous Jameis WInston won the Heisman in a landslide.  No surprise there.  However, 13% of voters completely left him off their ballot.  I guess they weren't satisfied with the legal system giving him the all clear.
  • Michigan led almost the entire game at home against the number one team in the country, but found a way to squander an 11 point second half lead, and an eight point lead with 5 minutes left.  Yes, plenty of time, but they should have found a way.  GRIII disappeared down the stretch, but he looked amazing in the first half.  Can't wait for him to play a full 40 with that effort.
  • Navy beat Army for the 12th straight time, winning this bout 34-7.  An absolute route.  It's a shame because I look forward to that game every year.  It's my absolute favorite game to watch.  No rivalry will ever match it because it isn't about pure hatred.  It's about respect... and a little bit of hate.  If you've never watched an Army Navy game you must.  The Bearded One commands it!
  • Tottenham suffered their worst home loss in like forever, losing 5-0 to Liverpool. I haven't heard any official announcement, but word on the street is this loss has cost Andre Villas-Boas his job.  Good.  His tactics have been extremely frustrating for all the Spurs fans out there.  His insistence on inverted wingers and only one forward have hampered Tottenham's ability to produce goals.  They're the only team who hasn't score more than twice in a game.
The Lions take on the Ravens tomorrow in a mucho important game because the Bears won today.  I expect the Lions to lose.  Because their the Lions.  No other reason is really needed.

Oh and I guess I can officially announce this now.  
Your's truly, has earned an internship position with MLive covering high school basketball starting in January.  This is a great opportunity, and I am super stoked.  I'll be sure to link you guys my articles.

Take it easy y'all, enjoy your Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment