Friday, April 23, 2010

Lion First Round:


Well Round one of the draft is over, and the Lions made a splash. As expected they took Suh with the number two overall pick, but then later traded back into the first round at pick thirty to get Javhid Best, running back from Cal.

I like the players they picked, however my problem is with the Best pick. If he fell to our second round pick, I like it, but we traded up for him. We gave away picks to move up for spots for Best. We have too many holes to be trading away picks. I haven't seen the details, but I know that our pick #34 is now in the Vikings hands. I agree with the pick of Best, just not trading picks.

The Lions needs to address the secondary. If they were going to trade up, they should have traded up sooner for one of the 5 defensive backs taken in round one. Maybe trade up to get Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourty. Detroit has the worst secondary in the NFl, and it needs help at all positions. Delmas is the only guy worth a damn in that secondary. The Linebackers also could use some help, with the losses of Foote and Sims. The other big hole for the Lions is offensive guard. They have the worst guards in the NFL. They need to address this issue later in the draft.

I expect the Lions to take defense with their next pick, then maybe go O-line. Hopefully they don't take a wideout...

No comments:

Post a Comment