Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ESPN Slaps Michigan in the face... Twice


ESPN made two decisions that they must know are complete slaps in the face to every Michigander who even knows what football is. People need to be up in arms about this, and I am bringing it to the attention of all three readers... ESPN, this is just not cool...

First off, they sent College Gameday to Alabama vs South Carolina instead of Michigan vs Michigan State. that's a joke right? Undefeated, top 20 rivals isn't as good as the number one team vs an unranked conference opponent? That's a joke, that's not even a good game. This is the game of the week, but not according to ESPN. That SEC biased has never appeared so true than it does right now. Theres no way that Bama Sou Car is better than the Battle for Paul Bunyan's trophy. As a football fan living here, I take it personally that they chose that location over ours. It's a joke. Shame on you ESPN...

And as if that wasn't enough, the ESPN/ABC masterminds made another great decision. If you, like me, cannot go to the game, you will be treated to the soothing sounds of Matthew Millen. The man that single-handily drove our football franchise into the ground, is coming to Michigan to commentate and give his "expert opinion" on our state's biggest game. If that's not a slap in the face then I don't know what is.

I just want to bring attention to all of those who were ignorant of the travesties that occurred. It's a shame what ESPN has done to Michigan, and I, for one, am not going to be silent about my displeasure.

3 comments:

  1. 1-I am ashamed to admit it, but i enjoy Matt Millen as an analyst and agree with most of the stuff he says (hope that doesn't mean I'm the dumbass)
    2-rumor has it that a gameday was at Michigan for some previous game and they screwed it up somehow, so it's not the matchup it's the location. quite unfortunate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard what happened, but I know the first thing I heard was gameday Ann Arbor, then when it was released it was Bama Sou Car. And Millen's doign what he actually was good at again, I just feel it's a slap in the face to send him here to do Michigan MSU. We in this state don't want him back here for any reason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh totally agree. just looking at his face makes me want to mangle kittens

    ReplyDelete