Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Photo Credit Getty Images
Ah yes, Thanksgiving. Family, Food, Friends, and Football. The important F's of life. It's one of my favorite holidays of the year. The Lions play, the family's over, and I get to eat as much as I want without being judged. It's a great day.

Since I'm the Bearded Fellow on Sports, I guess that means I have to talk about the Lions game today... Despite the fact I don't want to...

Well the Lions "snatched defeat from the jaws of victory" in typical Lions fashion today. They gave up 28 unanswered points in the second half. That's not what good teams do. Let's face it, we all knew the Lions were gonna lose, but did they have to toy with our emotions like that?

The team just flat out fell apart in the second half. It all started when Deon Branch my Alphonso Smith look foolish on that big touchdown play. After that, the team just fell apart. They weren't picking up penalties, and then all changed in the 4th quarter as players were clearly frustrated. Trying to get in a fight after the extra point was pretty awesome. At least they showed some fight...

Well the Lions are a year and some new additions away from being contenders. This year is over, but next year folks... We'll contend.

So let's talk Thanksgiving. I love this holiday. So many memories of watching football with my family. Going down to Tennessee (we didn't this year) to see my mom's side of the family. Eatin turkey and watchin football. Can't think of many better things.

But it's also important on this day to think of the things you are thankful for. I am thankful for a lot of things. Friends, family, all that jazz. I'm also thankful for the series of events that led to this blog, which started with me getting rejected by Michigan and being dumped. Yes, being dumped made me wanna get away from everything so I chose MSU. But had those events not happened, there'd be no Bearded Fellow on Sports, so for that I am thankful.

I am also thankful for all my loyal readers and fans. I appreciate it guys, couldn't do it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment