Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Without Billups, the Pistons Have No Leader


Look I'll be honest... I don't like the NBA and don't care about the Pistons. I want them to succeed, hometown pride, but I don't actively root and show my Piston fandom. Winter comes around and I'm all about hockey. I don't watch the NBA often, and I haven't done so yet...

But I don't need to watch the Pistons to know that they SUCK. And I can also tell you what they're missing: A leader. This team has no voice on the court. They have no unifying leader running that team. It's a mess. And who's gonna be that leader? Prince is too quite, Rip isn't the leader type, T-Mac is well past those days. Stuckey should be, but he isn't.

The team misses Chauncey BIllups. Chauncey was the glue that kept that team together. He's a leader on and off the court, and a damn good point guard. It's no coincidence that the team fell apart as soon as they traded Billups. I agree teams needed to be shaken up, but Billups? He was the wrong guy to move.

Chauncey was perfect in Detroit. He fit the team style perfectly, he was great for the city, he was a leader on the court, and one of the best point guards in the East. It was mistake to trade away Chauncey Billups. The Pistons won't be good until they finda point guard that can lead the team the way Billups did.

I don't really care about the NBA, but to see the Pistons in such a poor state is just shameful... They need something to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment