Monday, February 21, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day One


Yes, those stupid 30 day challenges on Facebook Facebook where people just post 30 different pictures of themselves, that is what I'm referring to, except this challenge is cooler. 30 days, 30 blogs, 1 a day. BUT WHAT IF YOU MISS A DAY DAVE???? Well then I'll do a two-a-day blog style. But this is a challenge that my roommate thought of as a way to get me back into the blogging game. So let's do this... DAY 1

Red Wings Find Groove



After struggling for a stretch, the Red Wings are on a roll, winning five in a row after a 2-1 shootout victory over the Minnesota Wild yesterday afternoon on Hockey Day in America. On a side note, this as Todd Bertuzzi's 1,000th NHL game and he scored the clincher in the shootout, so congrats go out to Bertuzzi.

This Wings have struggled as of late, but guys like Dan Cleary, Tomas Holmstrom, and most importantly Pavel Datsyuk are back in the lineup healthy and contributing right away. Getting those guys back has clearly made a big impact right away. Also getting Brad Stuart back has really helped sure up the blue line and penalty kill. His presence was clearly missed.

THe Red Wings find themselves five points back of the top spot in the west, but they have a game at hand. In layman's terms, it means Vancouver has played one more game than Detroit. So the wings are five points back with a game at hand, so potentially only three points back.

At this time last year everyone was in panic freak out mode, and I know who you guys were so if I see any of you tell me "Nooooo I wasn't panicing" then you're a liar in denial. But isn't it nice to see the WIngs playing like they should? Modano comes back on Friday so that will be a great addition.

The trade deadline is approaching, and I don't expect the Wings to make a splash because frankly they don't need to. Would I be shocked? No, but don't expect Detroit to be involved in a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment