Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bearded Bracketology: Predictions


Well the brackets are in, and we are on the eve of the beginning of one the most exciting months in all of sports.  It's March Madness, BABY, BEST TIME OF THE YEAR, IT'S AWESOME!!!! (Dickie V voice)

What makes March Madness so great is the unpredictability of it all.  But why the hell should that stop us from trying to predict the out come???  SO without further delay, here are some of the predictions made in Bearded Bracketology!

Me:
Final Four: Indiana, Florida, Ohio State, Duke.
National Championship:  Indiana over Duke.

  • Indiana was my preseason pick, and winning the regular season title in the tough Big Ten can only help prepare a team for a tournament run.  I think they are well-balanced and can beat any team in a variety of ways.  But the difference for me is their ability to run the court.  Any missed shot suddenly becomes a fast break opportunity for the Hoosiers.  They can run any team up and down the court.  
Ryan Theisen:
Final Four:  Duke, OSU, Michigan, Miami.
National Championship: Duke over Miami.
  • Duke has unreal three-point shooting.  I believe Steph Curry is the best shooter in the country.  Ryan Kelly's versatility causes matchup nightmares for opponents, and Mason Plumlee on the block is hard to keep off the boards.  They have too many weapons to matchup with.
Sully:
Final Four:  Wisconsin, St. Louis, Miami, Georgetown
National Championship: Miami over Wisconsin.
  • Miami is experienced and clicking right now.  They have an easy road to the finals, as long as they get past Indiana.  St. Louis is hot and underrated, they will make a run.  Georgetown is a rising team in a region of falling teams.  And Wisconsin's defense allows them to be in games, even if they're not shooting well
  • Potential Upsets: Minnesota, Davidson, St. Mary's, Belmont, Colorado.
E.J: 
Final Four: Louisville, Ohio State, Indiana, Georgetown
National Championship:  Indiana over Louisville
  • Indiana because of their quickness, experience, shooting, and their inside game. As an all-around team, I don't think anyone is on their level.  
  • Don't be surprised to see Wisconsin make a run potentially to the Final Four.  Their D is lockdown.  I have them taking out Gonzaga in the Sweet 16
  • Florida, Gonzaga, Miami, and Michigan are the most overrated going into the tournament.
  • UPSET:  Butler will take out Miami in the Sweet 16
Bryan Berend:
Final Four: Michigan, Louisville, Indiana, Ohio State
National Champion: Michigan
  • Michigan because I think they have all the elements of a championship team if they can work together and not have Burke do all the work
Mike "Stank" Hoban also wanted to note an upset he's calling.
  • Pitt over the zags in the second round, kelly olyenik doesn't play many other seven footers and I think he will struggle
Thanks to those sharing their predictions, if you would like yours included, try to get a hold of me before tomorrow morning and I will try to accommodate you.  Or just leave it in the comment section... I read those... I will be enjoying four games of college basketball LIVE from the Palace of Auburn Hills.  It's about time some good basketball was played there.

But thank you all who joined the Bearded Bracketology, all 11 of you.  There's still one of you who hasn't identified yourself, CaptainSquirt10... I thought that name was fake til I saw you've been a member at ESPN since 2010 and actually filled out your favorite teams.  Identify yourself, or I may kick you out of the group cuz I am a giant tool...

(I probably won't, but I would like to know who you are, obviously you at least read my blog.)

Anywho, Goodnight, Good luck, and Enjoy the Madness people.

No comments:

Post a Comment