Monday, December 7, 2009

BSC: Bull Crap System



Well it's that time again, let's start the controversy. Playoff or Bowl system? Which one to do... well I personally like the bowl system, I just think the BCS is flawed. I do believe that the computer system is a joke, and that it can be wrong. I also believe that in this case it got the national title game right. The other bowls, the TCU and Boise State one in particular, are a little questionable, but that's not decided by the computers. Alabama and Texas are clearly the best two unbeaten teams left, and some people will argue for Cinci, TCU, and Boise, especially if they win, but the best two teams right now are Texas Bama. But should college football ultimately switch to a playoff? I'm a little sketchy but I say yes. I am not going to listen to playoff arguments that use undefeated teams like Boise and TCU has reason for a playoff. If they played in a BCS conference, they wouldn't run the table, so I don't want to hear it. Mark May makes a good point here, he says "if we have a year of two undefeated teams, then no one cries playoffs. Every game is a playoff, every game means something." I love the bowl games, and in reality, I don't think the current system gets it wrong. It was bad when it first came in, but I think it gets it right now. People love to go the the Auburn team that ran the table with USC and Oklahoma. Well that Auburn team played a weak schedule, and that's why they were ranked number 3 when it mattered. I personally prefer the bowl system over a playoff, it gives more meaning to the regular season and adds to why college football is the best sport. Although mostly everyone will disagree with me, but that's okay, I know the BCS is flawed, but I think the bowl games are the best way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment