Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving football


Sorry all, I've been under the weather and out of town for the past week, sorry to keep my fans waiting, but the bearded fellow has made his triumphant return.
Thanksgiving and football go together like John Madden and Turduckin. Sit down around the table and watch grown men throw the pigskin around, or toss it around yourself with your family. I love Thanksgiving, it combines my two favorite things: Family and Football. Well I'm not here to recap the action, if you haven't noticed I don't do that on my blogs. You all saw the games, most likely, so I don't need to tell you what you saw. Instead I want to touch a sensitive point to us Detroit Lion fans...
Thanksgiving football is ours Detroit, and people around the nation and the league want to take that away from us. That is a bunch of crap my friends. Does anyone know why there is football on Thanksgiving? Well it wasn't the pilgrims, but try the Detroit Lions. Sure go ahead, talk about taking our game away because we suck, but we started this great tradition. We played the first Thanksgiving Day game against the Chicago Bears in 1934. We have this great time-honored tradition due to the lowly Lions, so show some respect. It is great for the NFL, and it's some exposure for the Lions, which is something we never get. If you don't like the football we bring to the table, well then save your turkey for the Dallas game. But you can't strip away the Lions game just because we aren't good anymore, and haven't been good since the 50's. But we deserve our Thanksgiving game, it's all we have left, don't take it away from us.
So please, Mr. Goodell, don't steal from the poor by taking our one prized possession... Thank you, and good day.

Our Rally cry

No comments:

Post a Comment