Friday, January 22, 2010

Just a Cluster of Thoughts


Why hello sports fans, how are you this morning? I'm terrific. I just want to get a blog out there, I'm in the blogging mood... the problem is that they're isn't a story out there that tickles my fancy. Oh the dilemma, whatever will I talk about??? Well there's plenty of sports out there, so I'll just talk about whatever comes to my mind... This should get interesting...

First thing, I would like to officially express my already well known hate for the NBA. It's not basketball. I hate turning on a game and seeing what passes off as a foul in the NBA. Those aren't fouls, let the men play. Oh and you can't watch Sportscenter without hearing the name "LeBron James" or "Kobe Bryant." I respect how good the superstars are, but I hate the superstar calls. DOn't breathe on Kobe, that's a foul. There is no defense in the NBA, and I'm all about defense. I just find the NBA boring, I can't watch it. I know what's going on, I can talk about it, but I just can't stand it. But anyways The Pistons are garbage, but once they got rid of Chauncey, I lost almost all interest in the team. Although that Jerekbo guy... he's awesome.

Next thing that tickles my fancy is the Red Wings. Nice win against the WIld, but did you see their two ridiculous goals? That first one was just gross, and the the third goal was nasty. But at least we got the win in the shootout, need those points. With 58 points, they are tied for the 8th spot with the Calgary Flames. I don't know who has the tie breaker, but it's good to be in the playoff hunt and, slowly but surely, on the rise. Next the Wings take on the LA Kings, who currently hold the 7 spot with 59 points. Obviously this is an important game for the Wings, the points are the evidence. I do believe that Babcock is going to have those guys focused and ready to go. In the Winged Wheel I trust. I refuse to change my prediction made the day after the Wings lost the Cup, and that is the 2010 Stanley Cup will be raised by Nicklas Lidstrom and the rest of the Detroit Red Wings. Bold yes, but I never change it until I'm wrong.

One final note is something that came to my attention this morning, that the Michigan State Spartans are getting a new logo. I've seen it, and oh boy is it bad. I hate it. I think it's just a change to add some new details to add flare Completely unnecessary. Don't do it Nike, do not listen to your motto. Keep the old Spartan helmet. Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment