Saturday, March 20, 2010

Round One: Done


Day one of the NCAA Tournament is over, and March Madness is living up to the title. THere are no perfect brackets left on ESPN, but who's surprised? Ohio beat Georgetown. It's lived up to the hype, and I hope it continues today and tomorrow.

One of the most satisfying feelings is correctly calling an upset. I didn't get Murray State or Ohio right, but I did get Cornell. In fact I guaranteed that game. But I know many people with busted brackets. My friend had Georgetown winning it all. But my bracket is still alive. In fact I'm winning my money bracket. I went 14-2 yesterday, and I'm 25-7 overall.

Here are some stand out stories from day one:
Cornell blows out Temple: I called this one, but Temple was supposed to hang around. Cornell just shot Temple out of the arena. The Big Red will have a real chance at beating Wisconsin, especially since the Badgers struggled against Wofford.

Nova's overrated:
Well, I called this one too. Nova went to overtime against Robert Morris and is currently losing to St. Mary's. I'm sorry for those that are riding the Scotty Reynolds train, but Nova train is coming to its final stop.

Dave's great at this tourny thing:
I'm currently first in my money bracket and have every elite 8 and 15 of the 16 sweet 16 teams still around. Most people should have numbers like that... but some people don't. Let's hope he can keep it up.

Well, folks, keep watching the madness, and enjoy it while it lasts. And let me know how your brackets are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment