Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Vick gets an award, and Iverson's life sucks.


Well a couple of my least favorite athletes are in the news today. One of them is making good headlines, and the other... well no surprises. Michael Vick wins some courage award and Allen Iverson has problems with drinking and gambling. One of these guys gets my sympathy, the other just pisses me off... And it's the guy in the positive news that pisses me off.

So Michael Vick gets a courage award... what is wrong with that, you ask. The man murdered dogs, and now he gets an award for "doing everything the right way. He had to be thrown in jail, lose everything, and almost lose his football career to learn how to behave. Are you kidding me??? This is a joke. I am angered by this. Great I'm glad he's not a dirt bag anymore, but let's reward him for doing what he has to do. If he wasn't perfect, or near perfect, he would have been in serious trouble. It's not secret that if he would have been in legal trouble, the hammer would have been thrown down on him. So he had to act like a civil citizen, but to reward him is an utter joke. Just disgusts me. Where's my reward? Complete joke.

Allen Iverson has left the Sixers because of a ton of issues. He's always had problems with gambling and drinking, but now it's worse. His wife not only filed for divorce, but also wants custody of all five kids. Anyone who knows AI, and I don't, knows that he loves his family and his kids. I have a little sympathy for him, I mean it sucks that his wife wants to leave him now and take the kids. Now that his career is over and all that he would have left is his family, his family is abandoning him. I don't condone his behavior, since apparently he's been doing it for a long time, but my heart goes out to him because he might lose his family, and not just his career.

And now I'd like to express my disappointment in Big Ben Roethlisberger. I love Big Ben, he's my favorite QB in the NFl, but this is just upsetting. Civil sexual assault charges in Lake Tahoe, now criminal charges in Georgia. Well no charges have been filed yet, but most likely there will be. The face of the Steelers, c'mon Ben, keep it in your pants brah.

No comments:

Post a Comment