Thursday, March 18, 2010

STOP THE MADNESS... No START THE MADNESS ALREADY!


IT'S MARCH MADNESS BABAAAAAAYYYYY SUPER SENTILATINGSENSATIONAL!!!!!! Okay this is not Dicky V, but it's his time of the year. I bet you are all dying to know who the Bearded One's got, and that's not an easy question... But I'm going to give you my take, so here we goooooooooo

Favorites: Kansas & Kentucky.
Well, if there was any doubt about who was the favorite in this one, it's Kansas. The number one overall seed and the best team in the country. I really like Kansas, but I don't have them winning in my bracket, I'll explain later. But anyway, These two teams are the clear cut favorites. John Wall and the rest of those Kentucky Babies against Cole Aldrich and them Kansas Jayhawks are the most popular picks in the final, no surprise there. Kansas I buy into, but Kentucky... I do not. Talent can get you far in the tourney, but in the end, I'll take experience over talent any day. Kansas has more experience than Kentucky, so if these teams meet, I'll take Kansas.

Sleepers/Overlooked: New Mexico, Michigan State, Duke, Wisconsin.
Now these teams could be very dangerous. I threw Duke and State in there because I think most people will over look them as a potential National Champion, but all four of these teams have a shot at making a run to the Elite 8 or Final Four. I think no one is looking at New Mexico as a threat, but they could knock of West Virginia oh so easily. Watch out for the Lobos, they could make a run.

Upset alert: Siena, Cornell, Utah State, San Diego State
Well, every year, a 12 seed beats a 5 seed. Cornell or Utah State will be that 12 seed. I think Cornell will beat Temple. Cornell almost beat Kansas at Kansas so they can hang with good teams. They are also one of the best shooting teams country. Siena could beat Purdue just because of no Robbie Hummell. But I'm going to take Purdue, but they better be careful. San Diego State has a shot because they are a solid team, and Tennessee is one of the streakiest teams in the country.

Overrated: Villanova, West Virginia, Kansas State.
These three teams are easily the most overrated in the tournament. So many people are buying into these teams to win it all. West Virginia is overrated, Nova is too inconsistent, and Kansas State is overrated as well. K-State is 0-3 to Kansas, and recently had a bad loss at home to a poor Iowa State team. Nova lives and dies with Scotty Reynolds. West Virginia has gotten extremely lucky they haven't come out of this season with more losses. Proceed with caution with these teams.

So who do I got? Well, I think Kansas will win it all, but I always make my brackets to set myself apart. I have many brackets, so I'll just give you the Final Four of the one I just did. Duke, K-State, Kansas, New Mexico. Why? Because if it happens I'm going to win. I have Duke beating Kansas for it all.

But my official prediction is Kansas Duke final, and the Blue Devils cutting down the nets.

No comments:

Post a Comment