Saturday, April 20, 2013

Full Beard of Sports: Sorry for being lazy.

I am way behind on things I want/need to talk about, so I'm forced to do a quick wham bam post for you all, more substantial stuff is on the way!

Here's some quick headlines and comments for ya:

The Red Wings are in 9th place, in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time in my lifetime.  I will not pick against them until they are eliminated.  Dallas lost, which helps.  Columbus is the 8th but The Red Wings have the tie breaker and two games at hand on the Blue Jackets.

Although, if Detroit is eliminated from the playoffs, Columbus better be the team that does it.  In a perfect world, Detroit will win out, Minnesota will lose out, and the Wings and Jackets will be dancing in the playoffs cuz the Jackets are the team of destiny, right Tommy?

...

Decisions decisions.

Backus, Hanson retired from the Lions.  Burke and Hardaway Jr are going pro, Pistons fired Lawrence Frank, there's a lot of moving and shaking going on lately.  I'll go into more details about the Michigan decisions when I write my post mortem, but real quick on the Pistons:
They're a joke.  Three straight coaches fired before their third year.  And Joe D is on board to hire his EIGHTH coach.  There should have only been two options this offseason: Joe D and Frank get one more shot, or clean house.

It's time to clean house.

...

The Boston Marathon tragedy... I'm glad the ordeal is finally over.  Those two punks are scumbags and they picked the wrong city to f**k with.  My prayers are with the victims of the actions of these two cowards.
I am no longer surprised by the depth of evil humanity is capable of, but it's always great to see the resolve of a community to unite and overcome attacks like this.  BostonStrong.

...

The Tigers are playing baseball.   That's about it.  Got smacked by the Angels again.  The bullpen is horrendous.  It needed some tweaks in the offseason but Double D didn't do a thing.  And now it's clear to the world it's our weakness.

The Fat Potato is pitching well against high schoolers and 30+ year olds who never gave up on their dream.  But he's not an answer to any problem we're having.  Sept that closer one I guess.  I welcome the Potato back, if he's pitching well enough.  Give him a shot, why not? No one else is doing any good.

Rondon is lookin solid in Toledo.  If Villareal doesn't get his ERA below 30 soon then I think it's time to pull a swap.  Villareal is a two-pitch pitcher, so I welcome literally any other pitcher in our system over him.

They'll win the central though.  They'll find some arms to settle down and the bats will find consistency.  I'm not panicking, just blogging.

This is has been your Bearded Sports Wrap up... I'm Dave and this has been one man's uninformed, unqualified opinion.

enjoy your Saturday y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment