Saturday, April 27, 2013

Red Wing Playoff streak at 22... I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!


I have friends and people that like to talk sports with me.  I did not write an official prediction blog, but people can attest that I have been very adamant all season long and even before the year that your beloved Detroit Red Wings would be amongst the eight teams in the Western Conference of the National Hockey League to compete for a chance to become the Stanley Cup Champions in the 2013 postseason.

I was told, "No, you're dumb"  "They have no chance"  "Too old"  I was even laughed at when I said I thought they were a playoff team.  Not a Cup contender, just one of the top 8 in the Western Conference.  I was laughed at.

I never wained, and now after Detroit's 3-0 win over the Dallas Stars, I can proudly write this blog and say what I've been waiting to say even before this season began...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

I said they've been "too old" since 2001.  I said they've been written off year after year.  Everything I had been told this year that I "wasn't seeing" is the same rap I've heard year after year.  And all I said was this, 21 years ain't no fluke, they always find a way.

And found a way they did, getting hot at the right time to take themselves from a 9 seed on the outside looking in to the 7th seed getting a more favorable matchup and a trip to Disney Land.

Now a full playoff preview will come at a later time, but real quick I will say this:  Anaheim a much better matchup than Chicago and the Wings are hot at the right time.  Look out.

There's a lesson to be learned hear ladies and gentlemen:

Do not doubt the Beard.

Happy playoffs everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment