Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Red WIngs gain 2 crucial points



Goooooooooood morning sports fans. It's that time again, time for a bearded blog post. There is no other way to brighten up your morning or ignore your professor than by reading the breaded fellow on sports. SO now gather round children, I have a couple things I would like to discuss. Grab your favorite cereal, pour yourself a nice glass of Florida orange juice, and sit down and enjoy as I take you on a magical journey of sports...

First, I would like to give one big thumbs down to the Spartan basketball team. Just one sloppy game played by the Spartans last night. Poor defense, too many turnovers, and poor execution led to a blow out loss to the Badgers at the Kohl Center. We still remain two games up in the BIg Ten, so I think it'll be alright. But it's never a good thing to be just blown out and out played against a conference rival. The biggest loss from this game is the injury to Kalin Lucas. Oh which reminds me, I wold like to make a point that I never thought I would seriously have to make... that was not intentional. Everyone that knows basketball and saw the play are hopefully wondering why I am saying that. Well someone who will remain nameless was seriously calling the Wisconsin player a multitude of expletives after that play. If he's reading this, let me break this down. He sticks his hand out to contest the shot. Now to the "intentional part." He sticks his foot out... because that would be the easiest step to take to contest the shot, and to then make the turn to a box out. Watch defenders on jump shooters, most will contest the exact same way. One of my friends said it was intentional, (he said it first) but it sounded like a joke. Then the anonymous followed up by believing it was, but he probably wouldn't have said anything if someone else didn't... he's that type. But I had to say it, I'm done now, that's irrelevant, just something that was bugging me. Anyways it's a huge loss if he misses an extended period of time. He is the go to guy for the Spartans, and it could be trouble if he can't play against Purdue.

My second thumbs down goes to Michigan. They got blown out by Northwestern, and come closer and closer to sealing their fate as an NIT team. It's getting to the point where it's gonna take a Big Ten tournament win to get in. It's amazing how a team can get worse by keeping everyone. They lost C.J Lee the walk on senior point guard. But the only thing you lose from him is leadership. Don't get me wrong leadership is key, but they have Manny and Sims to take that role. Beilein better be careful, if next year goes really bad... he could be in some major trouble.

Now for some positives. My sorta thumbs up goes to the Pistons. I watched some of their game, yeah I watched some NBA, but I watched them pull out a win. Normally a good thing... but folks they were playing the Nets. NEw Jersey is 4-43. They are on pace to not even get 10 wins. So let's not get crazy folks, we were playing the Nets. And besides, we're sitting at 16-31. I don't think the Pistons are going to make the playoffs. Which means I expect Rip and/or Prince traded. I would hate to see Rip go. Prince too, but if one of them has to go, make it Prince. Maybe the Pistons will win the lottery, John Wall here we come!

But now my real thumbs up, first one goes out to Fox and Gordon Ramsey, on another terrific episode of Kitchen Nightmares. Screw Lost, I'll take Gordon over that stupid island any day. That old hag kept saying she hated Gordon's changes... No one hates Gordon's changes. Okay that's false but she was just an old hag afraid of success.

My final thumbs up go out to my favorite team. Oh Detroit Red Wings, how I love you so much. They fell down 2-0 right away. They were getting dominated. But a timely goal by Dan Cleary opened the flood gates for the Wings. Cleary made it 2-1, then Hank the Tank scored off a Holmstrom rebound. 2-2 after the 1st. Key note here, I had missed San Jose's goals, saw our goals. 2nd period I missed most of it because I was in the caf eating my delicious mac and cheese. 2-2 after the 2nd. I watch the entire 3rd period. A lucky Derek Meech goal followed by a beautiful stick lift steal, which sets up Rafalski's play to Patrick Eaves who then put that puck where it belongs: In the net. 2 HUGE points for the Red Wings, beating the number one team in the west 4-2. They move up into a tie with the Nashville Predators. The Wings have another important one, as they take on the not so Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

1 comment:

  1. Booooo! LOST beats stupid kitchens any day!

    ReplyDelete